Radio buttons are used in cases where the user is picking one of a group of options. The same applies to drop-down lists, so be conscious about which you choose to use.
Radio buttons are picked when:
- You don’t have too many choices (max 7)
- There is no obvious recommended choice
- You want the user to consider and compare all alternatives
- Radio buttons should always have a connected text, and should never be alone.
- Deactivated radio buttons should be avoided. If an option is unavailable it should be removed and the reason why explained in a text.