Overview of nuget package usage in altinn studio
Altinn Studio publishes nuget package to share common libraries between different solutions. You can read more about nuget here.
Following nuget packages are published and are available for download [here] (https://www.nuget.org/profiles/altinn)
Procedure for Nuget Packages
- Implement all changes necessary in the Nuget Package project e.g. Storage.Interface.csproj.
- Submit PR on these changes only. No implementation on other projects should be included.
- Once PR approved and changes are merged into master; create and deploy new Nuget Package based on master branch.
- Continue with implementation, referencing the updated Nuget wherever it is needed.
- Remember to update all outdated references to the Nuget and check that all tests run successfully before submitting a final PR.
Create Nuget Package
Detailed documentation on how to create a nuget package, guidelines etc can be found here.
An example of nuget package creation in altinn studio
Example : Create Altinn.Platform.Storage.Interface nuget package
Set Project Properties
Open Altinn.Platform.Storage solution
Right click on Storage.Interface project and select properties. You will see the screen below
Choose Package, add the package details such as id, version, description, author, company and tags.
Save the changes
Choose release mode
Right click on Storage.Interface and select “Pack”
The package will now be created in “C:\Repos\altinn-studio\src\Altinn.Platform\Altinn.Platform.Storage\Storage.Interface\bin\Release”
Go to commandline, navigate to the release path
run “dotnet nuget push Altinn.Platform.Storage.Interface.1.0.1-alpha.nupkg -k [nuget api key] -s https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json"
Your package will now be published to nuget.org