A popular React UI library used in Altinn Studio.
Material UI is used in Altinn Studio as the React UI library. Material UI was chosen because
- It is based on the Google’s material design.
- It focuses exclusively on the React components
- Can use responsive components provided by the library
- Can override the style to customize the component to match the application requirements
- Can save time by using the components in the library instead of creating it from scratch (for example, the navigation drawers, application bar)
- It uses JSS as a styling solution that exposes a low-level API which helps in advanced overriding and theming mechanism
React router is a third party routing library used in Altinn Studio to trigger navigation within the application.